Senior Software Developer
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CANADA (remote work will be considered)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for designing, writing, and testing software for Crypto4A’s Halo products –the world’s first, hardware and software-defined security platform that optimizes, protects and consolidates critical business applications by leveraging a next generation Hardware Security Module (HSM) inside a single, tamper-proof appliance.
The position calls for an experienced software developer with extensive knowledge and experience developing for and building/configuring Linux platforms, and security-focused Java and web-based services that run on top of them.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations. All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
- Utilize Java code to develop and test new security software for the Crypto4A Halo products and services.
- Apply established development processes and assist inprocess improvement.
- Analyze requirements and propose design alternatives.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Provide input to architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Review and validation of software releases
- Must have strong software development skills in Java
- Familiarity with web services technologies and best practices
- Understanding of cryptographic principles, standards and protocols
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment to quality and achieving deadlines.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and standards.
- Experience in the following is expected:
- software configuration management tools.
- software defect tracking tools.
- software debugging tools.
- Must have strong skills in at least one of client-server, web services and network services software development
- Familiarity with fast-prototyping, building and demonstrating end-to-end systems
- Strong communication skills
- Network and/or device security
- Familiarity with the C programming language and Linux system-level code
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services technologies for operating Software as a Service
- Familiarity with NIST certification processes
- Software development experience within the private sector
- Excellent (English) communicative skills
- Educated in the field of Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science
Crypto4A Technologies Inc. is a Canadian cyber security firm offering a platform for organizations requiring High Assurance across complex networks, applications and devices. Our Halo platform simplifies the challenges of managing security infrastructure with ease of deployment and remote management. Within the appliance is a next generation hardware security module that encapsulates sensitive information within the cryptographic boundary while assuring quantum computing readiness.
The Crypto4A team is comprised of leading Canadian security experts with over 100 years combined leadership experience in cryptography, key management and product development for government, military and financial deployments.